Header2016

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Move categories under other categories

Move categories under other categories 1 year 4 months ago #454

Congratulations for this very useful program, the best for this kind!
I would like to know if it is possible to move the categories under other categories. The only solution found is to delete and recreate the category under another category. Thanks for your answer.
Regards
Maurizio
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Move categories under other categories 1 year 4 months ago #455

• Jens
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 26
Hello,

you mean moving the images from one category to another?
No, this is not possible, sorry...

for us it is also about keeping the app very easy to use versus adding every feature we can think of. I think this function would make the app harder to use.

Greetings,

Jens

Move categories under other categories 4 months 2 weeks ago #574

• sforzley
I agree that this program has been so helpful...especially for families considering the expensive communication programs. Kudos for having it work on multiple platforms.

I, too, would like to be able to consolidate folders without eliminating and re-creating categories. The primary reason is the user does not have the ability to scan or use this many folders at once. If we could move one folder into another one, that would be great. If not, can the categories already loaded be set up to be added and removed to folders? That would mean having the category with it's categories saved as one unit, then be able to be moved. Is that possible?

Move categories under other categories 4 months 1 week ago #577

• Jens
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 26
the basic idea behind LetMeTalk is, that someone (supervisor, parents, doctors) prepare the app and the client ist mostly using it.
Can you reach what you need by using different profiles? I mean preparing different scenarios and then let the client decide which one is the best suited for the current situation?

Move categories under other categories 2 months 2 weeks ago #607

• bettina
Hello everybody,

First sorry for my bad english and second thanks a lot for this app.

Me too i would like to have the possibility to move a picture not only on the page but also on a categorie.
I don't think the app will be more complicated to use. Now it's difficult because you can create a categorie like "animals" and put in a lot of picture and after you think "oh it could be great to make a under categories "rapace" or "fly animals" / "swim animals"... and you must delete and recreate all the pictures "switch in" will be so easy to organise more easylly....

So, thanks a lot and hope it could be possible after if more users say that
I think i will change and make a donate for the first time of my life ;)