Header2016

We are very proud to announce the 1.4.10 version of LetMeTalk for iOS, which brings a lot of new features like "change position", sending messages with messengers or an age filter. Read this article for a more details description.

1. Reorder Items

Please note, that this feature requires iOS9. If you are still running iOS8, please update your device to iOS9.

Before using this functionality please make sure you have “Enable modifications” enabled in the LetMeTalk settings.
Now please choose an Category or image you want to move to a new position and do a long click on it. In the appearing menu please select “Change position” (*)

Now all items in this category should shake. Go to your chosen image and do another long click on it. The image should now start a “pulse” animation.
Keep the finger on the screen and move the image to the wanted position. The Shake-animation should stop and your done!

(*) if the menu does not appear, please enable “Enable modifications” and if “Change position” does not appear, please update to iOS9.

2. Send sentence with a messenger

We added a very early and simple function which enables you to send the sentence with a messenger or use the text / image or both with other types of software.

Please click on the the “Settings” icon in the lower left corner, which should open a menu. In the please choose “Send the sentence”.
Now you can send the images via Airdrop, store or print them or choose a software like mail, Facebook or your favourite messenger  for more.

3. Visible response when word image is selected

To help deaf people we added a small animation whenever you select a word.
Deaf people so far had no indicator if the touch is accepted and we hope this animation helps them to use LetMeTalk.

4. Highlight spoken word in sentencebar

When you let LetMeTalk speak a sentence, the current spoken word is highlighted.This should make it easier to follow the voice.

5. Age filter

In the LetMeTalk settings you can now enable an age filter to hide questionable images from little kids.
Thanks to viv from the Stepping Stones Project for the filtered words.

6. XXL Icon size

We got some response by owners of large tablets, which wanted to use even larger icons. We now enabled the XXL size which is 50% larger in each direction then the largest icon size so far.

7. Better language support for Polish and Cantonese

LetMeTalk now offers full UI support for Polish and Cantonese. The word list for polish was improved and the words in Cantonese get more and more.

Thanks to Lukasz and Sherman for their work.

8. Bugfixes

Of course we also fixed a lot of the crasher bugs we found along the way.

9. Summary

We think this update is a huge step for LetMeTalk iOS and we hope you will have an even better experience then in the past.

I wish you a lot of fun with this release!

Comments   

# RebeccaCR 2016-05-02 01:48
Just downloaded your app for the first time. There's no sound at all.
Reply | Reply with quote | Quote
# Jens 2016-05-02 12:01
Quoting RebeccaCR:
Just downloaded your app for the first time. There's no sound at all.

which plattform, iOS or Android?

Please look at the troubleshooting pages for voices for your system. They should solve your problem :)
# Jamie 2016-11-28 08:23
I just downloaded this app and I am very excited for my son to use it. My main purpose was so he could text his cousins using this app but I don't understand when tapping "Send the sentence" nothing happens. I am not sure if it isn't working because I have the free app or what I am doing wrong. I want him to feel like he can do the things his younger cousins can do and hope you can help me.
# Jens 2016-11-28 11:11
Quoting Jamie:
. My main purpose was so he could text his cousins using this app but I don't understand when tapping "Send the sentence" nothing happens. I am not sure if it isn't working because I have the free app or what I am doing wrong.

Hello,

It should open a dialog where he could choose things like "email" from.
Do you have an email app installed?
It works MUCH better on Android. It is very difficult to do on iOS, especially if one does it in its spare time...

There is no special paid version of LetMeTalk. You can donate money over the website if you want to help us :)

Greetings,
Jens
# Rachel 2016-11-29 20:25
Love your app, but am not able to share profiles (iOS). I can save profile in Dropbox but can't open it again on new device... Letmetalk doesn't come up as a possible app. How else can I share???
# Jens 2016-11-30 01:00
Quoting Rachel:
Love your app, but am not able to share profiles (iOS). I can save profile in Dropbox but can't open it again on new device... Letmetalk doesn't come up as a possible app. How else can I share???

Sadly it is not as simple on iOS as it is on Android.
Please read the following article about how to do it. You need to transfer the profile via iTunes to your Desktop and then to the other device.

http://www.letmetalk.info/tutorials/80-tutorial-11-how-to-use-letmetalk-profiles-on-iphone-and-ipad.html

I hope I could help!

Greetings,
Jens
# Jennifer 2017-05-16 00:34
Glad to be one of the visitors on this amazing site :D.

Here is my web page :: diet solution foods (http://racialprogressi03.soup.io/post/594393094/HammerToes: http://racialprogressi03.soup.io/post/594393094/HammerToes)
# Augustus 2017-05-23 02:53
Ѕome people will dsicover the scrеen a little dim but аdjustment of
tɦe brightness can easily be ԁone. The Blackberry Bold 9790 may well not eсlipse the Bolⅾ 9900 in a
few areas but it outshines its sister model when іt comes to still photography.
One thing that you need tо remember befoгe
recording νideo is usualⅼy tо squеeze device horizontally.

my ѡeƅѕite new
jailbrеak released: http://lx2020.com/comment/html/index.php?page=1&id=2596
# Elsa 2017-05-23 04:14
Thіs may be ɑ little behind some in the faster top end
phones availabⅼe however ample fߋr the device like this and when yоu аctual load a title
for the X7 there's no noticеable lag when playing and games loаd rapidly іndeed.
The Blackberry Bold 9790 might not eclipse the Bold 9900 in somᥱ areas nonethelеss it outsɦines іts sister model іn terms of still photography.
HTC has a history of building superb quality Smartphones which are loɑdeⅾ wіth technology.

Feel free to visit my webpage - lava: http://www.mjmanagementllc.com/UserProfile/tabid/61/userId/128514/Default.aspx
# Anglea 2017-05-24 12:32
My brother suggested I would possibly like this web site.
He was once totally right. This post truly
made my day. You cann't believe just how much time I had spent for
this information! Thanks!

my website: point shoe sizing (lauramyhr.hatenablog.com: http://lauramyhr.hatenablog.com/entries/2015/06/26)

Add comment

Security code
Refresh

Don't have an account yet? Register Now!

Sign in to your account